Friday, August 1, 2008

Two Whole Weeks!

The past two weeks have flown by since I last posted anything here at Ye Auld Grog 'n Blog. I'm still here but my posting has certainly left the building. I won't bore anyone with details, but my free time of late has been scarce. I'm sure once I catch my second wind I'll be back to daily posts...whether you like it or not!

Thursday was a marathon day of work with an extended meeting and subsequent dinner which found me arriving home well after 11 PM. Much to my surprise, Mr. Rients had posted here directing me to a thread over on the Original D&D Discussion forum (where my posting has likewise slowed down recently). Much to my surprise, my humble little entry into the Otherworld Miniatures and Fight On! adventure writing contest, Spawning Grounds of the Crab-Men, came out as the winner.

So, I picked my nifty prize and am anxiously awaiting that parcel with the awesome Orcs from Otherworld Miniatures!

I'd like to thank Richard at Otherworld Miniatures, the Fight On! crew Calithena and Ignatius, all of the judges as well as all of my fellow gaming fans who have personally congratulated me on this very unexpected honor.

I am currently preparing to work in earnest on another adventure for Fight On! which I hope to have finished and submitted before the end of this month. As soon as I get around to mapping the dungeon, I will share some of the details here on that next project.

~Sham, Quixotic Referee

5 comments:

Max said...

Glad to hear from you again, Sham. Congratulations on the victory of the Crab-men.

Mike D. said...

I was getting kind of worried with your lack of updates but was glad to see you took the orcs. They look cool. Congrats again.

Anonymous said...

Man, I've missed you!

In a totally manly and 100% hetero kind of way, you understand.

--Matthew

trollsmyth said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see the adventure for myself, and perhaps even inflict it on some unsuspecting players. ;)

- Brian

Sham aka Dave said...

I'll have to see if my paints are all dried up or not! It's probably been 8+ years since I painted a fig. I host games so seldomly these days...the whole idea of painting minis and writing encounters in which they fit is almost foreign to me.

No matter the case, you can be sure that these minis will make themseves known in the very near future in my own 'Of Fortunes and Fools' campaign!

~Sham